 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5455
Re: Advent Calendar: 4124 vs. 4524
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 01:37:24 GMT

I had a thought today on my drive home:

While I agree that it is dissappointing that Lego made the two
calendars identical, I wonder just how many possible, reasonably
recognizable models can be built with fewer tan 12 pieces?

I suppose this would make it tough to come up with a truly new
calendar every year without duplication.

I think it would be interesting though, for someone to create a
brickshelf folder for "micro-models". Literally just start a
collection of models containing a dozen pieces or less. I just wonder
how many reasonable possibilities there are?....

Matthias Jetleb

P.S.: I'm not trying to excuse Lego's repackaging of an existing
product and calling it "new", just trying to call everyone's attention
to the fact that our expectations (which I shared until this evening)
of a new and different calendar every year might be difficult to
obtain.