 Dear LEGO / 4139
Re: Upcoming USS Constellation - Name Change??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 23:56:02 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Paul Sinasohn writes:
But, please, don't devalue the effort and trouble that some of your fans
have gone to by releasing this model under the same name! It would be as
simple as changing the printing on the sticker and the box and instructions.

I agree with what "Duq" wrote.  TLC releases products not to be collectible
items, but for children (primarily) to PLAY with.  As long as you have the
original box, parts, and instructions, your set (assuming it's in a good
condition) will always be more valuable to other *collectors*.

TLC has recently released several sets that used to fetch big bucks on eBay,
such as the Guarded Inn and Metroliner.  I'm sure there are lots of people
who paid more than retail price to acquire such sets.  Personally, I have a
handful of sets where I either paid retail, or more than retail, only to
have TLC release them once again.

Fortunately, not only can I now purchase some of the great sets that came
out during my dark ages, but children can also enjoy some of those classics.

-Bryan