 Dear LEGO / 4087 (-20)
  Re: LEGO as an international company...

(...) So would I, and I would also like to know why LEGO became so UScentric. when, and why, did this happen, we all know they were not founded there. curious non-US citizen, Travis (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  LEGO as an international company...

Just a couple of minor gripes about TLG's "international" approach... 1) Having a look on their shop site, I went to see when if the Harry Potter E2 sets were available, only to get a pop-up saying they would be available this coming friday...It (...) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Lego WTC (World Trade Center) Kit

How about a new site design kit. In light of the current statement: "The person who can give us a new WTC may not have been born yet" (referring to the challenging design review now underway) However, everybody has one already... or is there (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.build, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Lego WTC (World Trade Center) Kit

Jake Rentar wrote: > This seems like an amazing idea to me, and certainly not far-fetched. I > envision a complete (or simply the two towers) World Trade Center set. > > When I first saw Spencer Rezkalla's WTC, > (URL) , my jaw almost > dropped. (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.build, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Lego WTC (World Trade Center) Kit

This seems like an amazing idea to me, and certainly not far-fetched. I envision a complete (or simply the two towers) World Trade Center set. When I first saw Spencer Rezkalla's WTC, (URL) , my jaw almost dropped. This looks like something lego (...) (22 years ago, 11-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.build, lugnet.dear-lego)

  New Creator Buckets

When are we going to hear some details on the availability, pricing, etc of the new Creator Buckets? 4105 has been out for a while now and I have now seen the first offering of the 4107 (1000 piece bulk tub!!!! :)) on Ebay. But not a single word out (...) (22 years ago, 11-Sep-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: New Track radius question

Yes, Ho type points, that would be awsome.... I have drawn some possible points a while ago in brickshelf: (URL) would also like to see points without the "S" curve, but with a cleareance of only 8 studs. However, to model "real" traintrack other (...) (22 years ago, 10-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: 10022 and 10025

In lugnet.trains, Jeroen de Haan writes: [snip] (...) Why did they decouple? Is the prolonged bogie stucking at the gap between 2x6 plates and 6x28 baseplate? (I think they tend to do so.) Or is the friction of the wheel sets too high and caoused (...) (22 years ago, 9-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: 10022 and 10025

(...) I tested it this weekend. With just 1 motor (the one that came with the 10020) it was slow and slipped a lot. When I replaced the dummy/motorless 10020 with the motorized part of the Metroliner (original 9T's one) It ran smooth and fast. A bit (...) (22 years ago, 9-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: 10022 and 10025

(...) I got my set of 5 waggons on friday (for the 5-waggons-discount-price). I built them over the weekend and I am really happy with design and quality of the bricks. I was amazed about the metallic corrugated bricks: they look quite similar in (...) (22 years ago, 9-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Set 3444

(...) Yeah. I just made a roof---not too large---for a church (which was itself rather on the small side). I'd estimate that I used about 150 2x4 roof bricks, but I didn't even need to open my (only) 3444 to do the peak. But peaks, like a lot of the (...) (22 years ago, 8-Sep-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Set 3444

(...) Think it's frustrating when the PEAK tile is unavailable, keep your eye on the pieces you need many more of... like 3497 the basic 2x4 black roof tile. However, 5216 was the (pardon me) high point of black roofs, lacking only the half-pyramid (...) (22 years ago, 8-Sep-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Set 3444

"TWS Garrison" <tgarrisBASSo@ISmath...urdue.edu> wrote in message news:Pine.GSO.4.44.0...due.edu... (...) Now you know how I feel about the discontinuation of the 3474 (light gray 1x6 bricks). :-( -- Adrian Egli (22 years ago, 8-Sep-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Set 3444

Just a heads-up that set 3444, (URL) black 2x4 roof peak pack, is sold out at S@H (in the US, anyway). There are still decent quantities available at BrickLink, but I wouldn't plan any large black roofs any time soon without bricks in hand. . . This (...) (22 years ago, 8-Sep-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: New Track radius question

Not a demand, just a suggestion, in case it came out that way. Sorry about the wrapping screw-up. -Stefan- (...) (22 years ago, 7-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: New Lego Accessories

(...) Actually, thanks for bringin’ that up! I too have ventured out and purchased some of the new MB stuff… and I believe Jeff Byrd put it best when he said: “LEGO will always be the best brick out there. However, I have a little diorama of LEGO (...) (22 years ago, 7-Sep-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.general)

  Re: New Track radius question

(...) I'd like to see them made like HO switches. In these, the switch only has a free-moving bar attached to the points, to which you can attach a motorized switch machine or a manual throw. -Stefan- (22 years ago, 6-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: New Track radius question

(...) I have skirted the issue by using curve-straight-curve...aight-etc. for most of my turns, which comes out to be about a 72 stud radius. One note: I don't use points, except in a train yard (so basically for looks). And when you get right down (...) (22 years ago, 6-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  10022 and 10025

Hi all, I recieved the 10022s today and build them (3 of them) right when I was back home from work. I would like to congratulate Lego on asking James Mathis to design them and congratulate James for doing such a fine job. My complete train (2 Super (...) (22 years ago, 6-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: 'My Own Creation' series ideas

Personally I found this one quite impressive: (URL) Szklennik" <jeffszklennik@usaexpress.net> wrote in message news:H1uFG9.A38@lugnet.com... (...) 'go to (...) (22 years ago, 3-Sep-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact