 Dear LEGO / 4041
  Re: Technic's only in a coma (WAS Re: Technic's Dead )

(...) Well, technically DACTA is already as dead as the DUPLO, err, dodo: (URL) middle of the page announces the DACTA is now "LEGO Educational Division". This press release raises three interesting questions: 1) Is this rearranging the deck chairs (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.dacta)

  An alternative? (WAS: Technic's only in a coma (WAS Technic's Dead ))

(...) yeah, I'm aware of the name change, but for some reason I refuse to adopt it. ..chock it up to nostalgia. and too long of a name. I still say SYSTEM, DUPLO and TOOLO too. (...) lol. that's not funny, but it made me laugh. never heard that (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.dacta, lugnet.lego.dacta)

  Re: An alternative? (WAS: Technic's only in a coma (WAS Technic's Dead ))

I'm not sure, but I think this thread has now had more name changes than a dead LEGO product line. ;) (...) Name changes (after 20+ years of being in use) are a silly exercise. For anyone who's ever known it as such, it will always be DUPLO. And why (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.dacta, lugnet.lego.dacta)

  Re: An alternative? (WAS: Technic's only in a coma (WAS Technic's Dead ))

(...) I agree. I have had no trouble ordering online from these guys. They are just like any other online retailer. Red and blue technic beams, gears, motors etc. A bit pricey, as has been pointed out, but if they are the only source, you gotta do (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.dacta, lugnet.lego.dacta)

  Re: An alternative? (WAS: Technic's only in a coma (WAS Technic's Dead ))

(...) Really??? that is one of the most often used metaphors for an exercise in futility. From the The Oxford Dictionary of Modern Quotations: "I'm not going to rearrange the furniture on the deck of the Titanic." --Rogers Morton (URL) Ford's (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.dacta, lugnet.lego.dacta, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

"TWS Garrison" <tgarrisBASSo@ISmath...urdue.edu> wrote in message [ ... snipped ... ] (...) [ ... snipped ... ] I have only ordered from Pisco twice but both times were pretty straight forward. Call them up, tell them I want items such and such and (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.dacta)

  Re: An alternative? (WAS: Technic's only in a coma (WAS Technic's Dead ))

(...) A myth indeed! I too have ordered from Spectrum and received prompt and courteous service. I got what I wanted within days of ordering it. They were quite helpful (and patient) in locating part numbers, even though I was reading from a Pitsco (...) (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.dacta, lugnet.lego.dacta)