 Dear LEGO / 3959
Re: Lego, LD Sell these bricks! (was: Re: Mottled Bricks and Plates!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 05:49:13 GMT

"Maggie Cambron" <mcambron@pacbell.net> writes:

The Jelly Belly factory in our area puts their malformed jelly
beans in 1 lb.  bags and sells them as "Belly Flops" in their
factory store-- for about half price!  They taste just as good only
you can't choose the flavors-- so all the bags available at a
particular time may be half full of watermelon flavored beans, say.

Whereas jelly beans tend to be eaten shortly, LEGO bricks last a long
time.  I can see that LEGO don't want the market to be filled with
discoloured LEGO bricks.  It cannot be good for their reputation if
images of discoloured bricks becomes abundant on the internet.

Fredrik