 Dear LEGO / 3953
Re: Lego, LD Sell these bricks! (was: Re: Mottled Bricks and Plates!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sun, 9 Jun 2002 07:33:56 GMT

Why on earth are you asking them to sell them for such INSANE prices?  It's
not as if regular bricks are cheap through bulk.

You do realize those mottled bricks are "trash" as far as Lego is concerned,
right?  They either throw them out or grind them up to be recycled?

Paul got those in bulk lots from Ebay, so obviously back when Enfield had
molding machines, some workers took some home rather than throwing them out.

I agree they should sell them, but I would like to see them at or below the
normal element prices.

Jeremy Scott wrote:

Dear Lego and LD,

These are the neatest pieces.  I have heard of them many times but necer
seen them until now, and man, how cool!

I could foresee pack of 25 random mottled bricks for sale as a nostalgia
pack, maybe $10. Other neat ways of selling these could include: putting 1
each in a package with a short printed description and selling them in
surprise bags or including a similar pack as a bonus for orders from S@H
that exceed 200.00.  There are tons more ways.

Please release to the public these awesome ABS treasures!

J Scott

In lugnet.general, Richard Marchetti writes:
See the freakshow at:

http://www.ozbricks.com/blaktron/mottled/

-- Hop-Frog

--