 Dear LEGO / 392
Re: Missions and Temples
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 15:31:07 GMT

Tom McDonald wrote:

In lugnet.dear-lego, Leanne Opaskar writes:
Dear LEGO,

      Wild West has wound down, and it's getting close to time for the Ninja
set to wind down, so I thought I'd offer my suggestions for the next
lines to fill in the gaps.

      What I'd really love to see for the next Wild West set would be Spanish
missions. They could be based on the historical California missions and
adobe houses -- San Diego de Acala, San Juan Capistrano, etc. Most of
the pieces needed to build these sets are already in existence in other
colors (columns and arches), with the exception of specialized roof
bricks that would mimic the mission tile roofs. Similar packages could
be created for a 'southwestern' style Town set.

This would be great! They could even make a bell-shaped element since almost
all missions had bells.

      For the Castle line, I'd love to see temples, chariots, coliseums,
aqueducts, and other buildings of the Greco-Roman historical period. The
crowning glory of the set could be a gigantic Roman forum.

Roman minifigs would be cool.

-Tom McD.
when replying, please replace all spamcake divots.

A Classical Antiquities Theme ... I like it!   Maybe that means that TLG will
have to sell some 1x2x2 white cylinder bricks service packs to make all those
columned temples as well as a white arch service pack to make those triumphal
arches.  Plus a lot of low sloped white and grey bricks for the roofs of these
buildings, like on my entry for the Acropolis Contest:

http://my.voyager.net/lar/gistok.html

I hope TLG is listening!

Gary Istok