 Dear LEGO / 3797 (-10)
  Re: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?

(...) This subject is curiously similar to the "how do we connect znap to system" issue. I posted some pictures of various ways of doing that on brickshelf ... (URL) (23 years ago, 21-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

"John Heins" <Johnmhiii@aol.com> wrote in message news:Grv2G6.zH@lugnet.com... (...) bricks. Forgive me if I am missing something obvious here, but it is possible to use the holes in studless beams and liftarms to clip directly onto studs in bricks (...) (23 years ago, 21-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

"John Heins" <Johnmhiii@aol.com> wrote in message news:Grv2G6.zH@lugnet.com... (...) [snippage] (...) Not to beat this to death, but this is plainly false. Here are some ways to connect non-studded technic parts to studded parts. - simply stick the (...) (23 years ago, 21-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?

(...) I don't mind SOME of the new style smooth beams. My complaint is that the new style smooth beams and axle/rod/flex tube connectors have almost completely displaced "traditional" technic components. It's like the new "Technic" is a whole (...) (23 years ago, 21-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?

(...) If you removed the 'excess' you would lose a lot of the strength of the part. Although I always thought if you removed the sticky out bit you could make an excellent heavy haulage tractor hitch. Steve (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Suggestions to LEGO

Hey all - I just wanted to pipe up about something I was told that would make our opinions and suggestions to LEGO more effective. This weekend we had the awesome opportunity of the company of Brad Justus and Jake McKee. Obviously, when one of them (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  RE: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?

(...) found. (...) on (...) as (...) My humble attempts at your models, aka "what I did over Christmas" (both build with lego and learn MLcad) If you don't like MLCAD/LDRAW - don't look! (URL) advantage of MLcad/LDraw - I didn't have enough yellow (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  More arches?

Dear Lego, I love the Castle Expander bulk pack, but unfortunately it is in the wrong colors for the buildings I want to make. Is there any chance that you might make additional Castle Expanders or similar arch packs in white, tan, and sand red? It (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: 7U technic axles

(...) out! (...) Yes, good idea. In fact, your post just prompted me to commit the brash act of cutting short the aspirations of a pair of 8-unit axle rods. But, they're none the worse for it, as I managed to put a nice polish to the severed ends (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?

"William Howard" <william@howard-fami...rld.co.uk> wrote in message (...) Indeed so! The corrugated tubes and new angle connectors, although inflexible in angle, are also great looking. (...) on (...) That would be very interesting to see as I (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact