 Dear LEGO / 3682 (-5)
  2002 Alpha Team too close to Jack Stone

Dear TLG, The 2002 Alpha Team sets initially had me very excited. I loved Aquazone and was looking forward to some cool new subs and a base. Upon getting a closer look at these sets I was disappointed at the lackluster design and even more upset by (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jan-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Hey Brad! Why not rerelease an *unpowered* monorail set?

In lugnet.dear-lego, Steve Bliss writes: (snipped) (...) Why so? The studs could be different from the original version: instead of pressed from the top (of the stud), both halves of the mold could press the studs sideways (note that I am referreing (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Monorail track molds? Factory visits?

You might be right if the molds are rigid. It could be done in 2 parts if the mold is flexible like vulcanized rubber or silicon (or low-tech like Knox gelatin and anitfreeze, or even hot glue). They were injected from the center top, you can see (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

"crunch-o-matic" <naughty.monkey@verizon.net> wrote in message news:Gq5016.G01@lugnet.com... (...) studs. (...) a (...) .... only thing is the studs on the sides of the monorail track are the hollow type which accept things the size of minifig (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Hey Brad! Why not rerelease an *unpowered* monorail set?

You could get around that by running your seam down the ceter of the studs. There would still be no undercuts. Thus a 2 part mold. Probably too large a piece with no retun on investment gaurantee. Still sounds fishy to me. (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact