 Dear LEGO / 3590
Re: Bulk Technic items would be a nice addition to the family
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 04:34:57 GMT

I'd just like to point out that I raised the same issue here in a call for
Technic "buckets", with no real response from TLC.  However, under the DACTA
board there was something of a response - to their credit.

While the general consensus from the LUGNET community seemed to be something
like:  Yes! Yes! Yes! , but I don't believe anyone from TLC responded.  The
DACTA rep replied to some peripheral points finally addressed the main point
- bulk Technic buckets in an e-mail along the lines of "We'll take your
suggestion under consideration, but out role is limited to the educational
market...."

Again, it seems that TLC is moving farther and farther away from the
"classic" Technic format.  Ironic, as there's a booming secondary market for
these pieces. There have been limited SAH re-releases of a few Technic sets
- but I just noticed that the pneumatic front loader was "no longer
available" now that I have some money to spend after paying for a new
boiler.  It was around for what - 2 months?

I wonder what the logistics would be in producing "clone" technic beams,
plates - and a wider variety of gears and pulleys?