 Dear LEGO / 3589
Re: Bulk Technic items would be a nice addition to the family
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 23:32:03 GMT

Dear Lego,

Please sell bulk Technic pieces. I love trains and I love robotics. I love
building bridges but my piece count has dwindled because of a lack of new
Technic pieces. No, strike that previous remark, a lack of replacement
Technic pieces. I build a bridge to use on my railway, but if I need another
span for the layout, I would have to tear down the existing bridge to free
up the pieces to build the new span, hence my dilemma. I do not like train
layouts that run in simple ovals. I build layouts with bridges and trestles.
I have a hidden switch yard on a shelf under my construction table with a
lone track that comes out of the yard into a curve to a bridge that spans
the stairwell to my Lego attic then the track ascends to the rest of the
layout using winding curves and spans to the rest of my plastic addiction.
The problem is these other spans are plywood. I would like nothing better
than to build a 5 section girder bridge to go over my storage area to the
seaport and container ships.

You have done a good job producing new train cars and engines, and thank my
lucky stars, the Metroliner.  I can't wait for Christmas. And Cypress trees,
my Lego budget may bankrupt me yet. But.... there is always a but....

I am caught in time just like everyone else. Now, that I am lucky to be
working and can afford to buy the old Technic sets, they are gone,
discontinued. Basic long beams and connectors and plates. I have no doubt
that you read the newsgroups and view the websites where the train clubs
post pictures of their layouts. Please consider this: Train enthusiasts will
always need access to obscure, hard to find parts that allow them to
construct the beautiful models these people have displayed at the train
shows. These shows inspire people to build those creations at home.

"David Schilling" <davidNO@SPAMsunteleia.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.dear-lego, Tim Courtney writes:
Studded beams in all sizes and in a variety of colors (ahem, gray, white,
black, yellow)!!  Please!!!

Technic is an EXCELLENT idea for an addition to the bulk selection.

YES!  This is something that I've also been waiting for, ever since bulk
started.  I would like to see studded beams, and plates, as well as
non-studded beams, full and half width, all in each size they come in, but
only one size per bulk pack.  And in more than four or five colours, • please!

While I'm at it, some of the larger gears, as well as the newer wide gears
would make nice bulk items.  Providing these in a variety of colours as • well
would make them a must-have item!  (Though I would be happy with plain • grey
at first :-)  You already have gears in eight or nine colours, so why not
make all sizes available in multiple colours?

--
  David Schilling