 Dear LEGO / 3473
Re: Double sided plate
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 20:33:06 GMT

Fredrik Glöckner wrote:

"Kevin Salm" <kdsalm@dreamscape.com> writes:

I have a dozen or so 2x2 double-female and a few 2x2 double-male
pieces that I believe to be TYCO.

Are these plates or bricks?  My experience indicates that a stud is
slightly taller than half the width of a plate.  Hence, a double
female connector has to be taller than a plate, I believe.

True, but Tyco plates are half  brick height, so there is room for the studs.

If it were done by Lego, they would probably want to make the
double-female connector be two plates in thickness.

/Eric McC/