 Dear LEGO / 3471
Re: Double sided plate
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 01:16:08 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
In lugnet.dear-lego, Rick Clark writes:
John Radtke wrote:

In lugnet.dear-lego, Sarah Mather writes:
Dear Lego-

While talking to some fellow AFOL about connecting two plates together • flat
side to flat side, I thought wouldn't just be great if Lego came out with • a
double sided plate.  I bet people would go crazy for them, especialy the
people in the space arena.

Just a thought, do what you will with it.

Sarah
Lugnet Member # 1149

Perhaps especially since a certain rival named Ritvik has a 2x2 plate with
studs on both sides....

John

Don't forget they also make the opposite: a 2x2 plate with stud holes on both
sides. Both pieces are wonderfully useful, and while I build pure, I admit to
having gazed at them longingly.

I have a dozen or so 2x2 double-female and a few 2x2 double-male pieces that I
believe to be TYCO.  I call them gender-changers and find them very useful.
There is also a 1x1 round double-male piece which is handy to have, too.  These
can be made with Lego by taking a 1x1 plate with loop [1] and cutting off the
plate.

There has been some discussion on Lugnet about gender changers before and
someone pointed out to me that the Technic half-beams [2] work great as gender
changers.  Haven't had occasion to try this yet but I am sure it does work.

[1] http://img.lugnet.com/ld/4081.gif
[2] http://img.lugnet.com/ld/32017.gif

.