 Dear LEGO / 3157
Re: 1200 pc tubs in odd colors?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 29 May 2001 17:13:49 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Tim Courtney writes:
Maybe this has been brought up before, maybe not.

My friend and I were discussing yesterday the need for bricks in colors like
Gray, Dark Gray, etc....colors which aren't very common in bricks (except in
Star Wars right now).  I think an odd color assortment of bricks in a 1200pc tub
would be a HUGE seller.  How about selling a bucket with the same assortment of
brick dimensions in Gray, Dark Gray, Orange, Tan, Brown, and one of the new LOM
faded colors?  This would help people like train clubs and space and castle
builders out a lot!!  I'm sure many people would go broke buying them.

-Tim

It wouldn't surprise me if the July surprise that has been said will be a
boon to castle fans might be something along these lines rather than just
small separate bulk packs. A single big bucket or tub with a name like
"Castle freestyle" could contain a large number of general bricks in the
above-mentioned colors as well as specialty parts like walls and doors. It
could then be sold as a stand-alone set for kids to build castles but would
also aid the AFOL immeasurably.

Jonathan L