 Dear LEGO / 2737
Re: 18-inch Lego Minifigures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 05:43:41 GMT

You mean one of these:

They appear to be for "internal" use only.  In fact the cardboard boxes
that they come in are marked "For Display Purposes Only".  The LEGO
stores have a small number of them that they use for displays.  I've
never seen or heard of them in TRU or other retail stores until now.

They are amazinly well designed and built.  Everyones reaction when
they see one in person is "I have to have one of those."  If LEGO
sold them (and released them strategically say next fall) they would
likely have an extremely high Cabbage Patch Kid quotient.
(or Elmo quotient for younger readers).

I really believe you would see moms with baseball bats fighting over
these things.

KL

In lugnet.dear-lego, Todd Hossbach writes:
Dear Lego,

On a recent trip into Toys R Us on a quest for new Lego, I saw one of the most
eye-catching displays I have seen in quite some time. On the top Lego shelf • was
this giant display, all lit up and surrounded by ~18 inch tall Lego
minifigures. They were not made of individual bricks, as in the new minifgure
sculpture, but were just scaled up versions of their little brothers.

I would be very interested in knowing if it is possible to purchase one or • more
of the big guys. (Are they available in the theme parks, LICs, The Lego
Store, etc...)

Many Thanks,
Todd Hossbach