 Dear LEGO / 228
  Re: TRU returning open sets

Back when I worked for LEGO in Enfield not many bricks fell on the shop floor and I swept up most of the bricks that were left on the floor and tossed them in a dumpster. LEGO brick versus forklift wheel...you can imagine which object wins. (...) (26 years ago, 28-Feb-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: TRU returning open setsProduction runs (was:

Christopher, What I've always wanted to know: are LEGO sets always produced in a single production run or are there multiple runs as sales demand? Eric (26 years ago, 1-Mar-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: TRU returning open setsProduction runs (was:

(...) I would imagine that, frex, Mindstorms had multiple production runs. I can see them making all the RCX bricks for the entire run (80000 I think?) at once, but it would be much cheaper to make 20000 RIS'es (since they were expecting to sell (...) (26 years ago, 1-Mar-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: TRU returning open setsProduction runs (was:

(...) You know, I cannot really say. I was just a high school aged factory guy. Its funny; I have no recollection of how large the runs were. I was usely just concerned with keeping things full, and then near the end of a run the concern was...how (...) (26 years ago, 11-Mar-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: TRU returning open setsProduction runs (was:

(...) nice spelling, huh? (...) (26 years ago, 13-Mar-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)