 Dear LEGO / 2088
Re: Women's Soccer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 14:25:50 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

"sheree rosenkrantz" <srosez@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:FspvKD.2qq@lugnet.com...
Dear Lego,

My 10 year old daughter has today become the proud  and happy owner of • set
#3401.  I see it as the first of many of this theme we are destined to • buy.
She  has been playing with it for the last 5 hrs.  Thanks for the extra
ball.
Women's Soccer is a real force in the USA.  I wish you had included • women's
hair in the set also.  For a 2 figure set I can scrounge up enough hair, • but
the thought of having to do this for the rest of the sets is not real
pleasant.   The current accessory pack #5318 only has 3 female wigs.  At
$3.00 a pack, this is going to be an expensive proposition.
Please consider adding more gender changing accessory packs - female wigs
and sweet female faces or regular smilely faces.  They would be great for
not only the Soccer sets, but also for all the other themes.  Many people
would like to have a more equal balence of the sexes in the population.

I completely agree with Sheree's points.  I bought two 3401 sets and gave
one to my son on Saturday.  He was having a great time with it when my
daughter came into the room.  She wanted to play with it so I got the other
one out of my office (which I had opened earlier in the week) so they each
had one.  The first thing my daughter asked (she is three) is if hers could
be a girl.  I got a female mini-fig out of my office and replaced the head
and hair on the Addidas guy and she was very happy.

The soccer sets look like a winner, both of my kids played with them for
quite a while.  Unfortunately simply replacing the hair on the soccer
mini-fig (at least the blue one) doesn't solve the problem as he has
sideburns.  Seems to me that LEGO could quickly put out a service pack of
female heads and hair.

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com