 Dear LEGO / 1906
Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 06:41:07 GMT

Methinks he doth protest too much!  A tad touchy about this subject aren't
you, Larry?

I label myself the "lego curmudgeon" which is intended to suggest that my
incendiary mode of expression is half jest/whole earnest -- but not to be
taken too seriously, or without some advised view towards my rather pointed
aggressiveness...

What's your somewhat overly self-satisfied excuse?

In lugnet.dear-lego, Larry Pieniazek writes:
I guess I'm rather put off by this attitude. Economic reality is
what it is and your wishing that TLC cared about us to the point that they
lose money isn't going to change that.

You and others keep asserting this point as though it were gospel.  I use the
gospels for toilet paper...

Then why do special stuff for the master builders at the theme parks?  If they
can implement special ordered items on the one hand and not offer it to us
with the other...

...I dunno, something just doesn't add up about this arrangement.  How can it
be cheaper to do it on an even more limited basis only for the master
builders? You swallow the lies with whatever else they feed you; I'll sit here
and whine if it pleases me.

And I'm tired of you whining about it. That's right, at this point I see your
comments as whining.

And I care about your opinion because why...?  Don't like it, don't read it.
I am not exactly looking up your posts for MY reading pleasure -- like I can
even remember how to spell your name...

And it is whining -- I admit it!  Someone has to whine about things rather
than just vie for position in the backroom politics of the presumably imminent
bulk order deal, or whatever other benefits you obtain, Larry.

How much more should they have charged to cover the increased costs of calling
36 different people so each one could get ONE nebula outpost? Catch a clue.
What if they called 36 and only got 15 takers? What then?

Posting to the internet is practically free, or cheap enough that I may call
it so -- especially for a business, especially for TLC which already has a web
presence.  For crying out loud, they could post to RTL via Alta Vista, Juno,
whatever they have local to them.

Who said anything about the outlet calling 36 people by phone?

"Silverback preening"? Grow up. Mike knows a bit more about biz than you do,
I'd venture to guess. No matter what your degrees may say.

He may.  I don't know him and he doesn't know me well enough to judge.  Nor do
you, I might add.  Your guesses are worth nought to me, pretty much like the
rest of the stuff you merely assert without any real support.

This is a paragraph with null semantic content.

"Null semantic content?"  O wait, let me pull out that old, bloated volume of
Derrida -- then again, why bother?  Gee, does my excessive use of ellipses
trouble you as well?  Now thats "null semantic content" for you!

But then, so is a bunch of silly words strung together with empty arguments,
pointless assertions, punctuated by your thesaurus!

But wait, there's more from the man whose every word is a golden droplet
of...well, something...

Paying more than 24 cents a gallon for gas is annoying too. While we're at it
why not stump for repealing the law of gravity too?

Since when do non sequitur, ad hominem political or humorous bits constitute
an argument?  Do you have anything with "semantic content" to say, Larry?
Speak up, man!

Well, you may have to take that foot out of your mouth first...

Why reject using a tool that's there to help you? Seems kind of luddite to me.

Why, just to annoy you of course!

Actually, its my belief that using such tools will erode my own knowledge of
words -- which I prefer to exercise than have automatically checked for me.

Use it or lose it, eh?

-- Richard (Luddite?  What a laugh.  Then again I do just think for myself
rather than rely excessively on ten dollar words empty of "semantic content.")