 Dear LEGO / 1854
Re: Speeding up the Shop-at-Home ordering process
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 18:56:00 GMT

David Schilling wrote:

Dear LEGO

Everytime I call LEGO Shop-at-Home I end up spending two minutes or so going
over my name, address, phone number, credit card number, etc.  This
information almost never changes, and several times I've asked if there isn't
just a simple customer number that I can give at the beginning to speed up
matters.  I'm sure your computers store all this information.

Wouldn't it save time for both of us if you provided something like this?
Your frequent customers would all appreciate being able to get right down to
ordering LEGO sets, which is what this is all about anyway.  And your
operators could answer more calls during those busy times, especially since
most of the traffic will likely be frequent callers anyway.  Of course it
would be voluntary for the customers to use this information.  There's no need
to force them to use their number.

Interestingly, once or twice I have been asked for the number in the blue
brick on the back of the catalogs, and this has sped up the process on those
occasions.  But most of the time the operators don't ask for it, and indeed
don't want to have it.

Isn't greater efficiency better?

--
  David Schilling

I agree fully. Last night my wife and I dropped a few hundred at S@H. It took me 4
minutes to give all the info.
I was asked for the Blue box, the yellow box & all that too. But it took ages...

Back when S@H was in Canada (I'm in Canada) they always had my info. It took like
40 seconds to order.
Last time my wife complained about it they said it was because the computer can't
accept Canadian orders yet so it couldn't save it... But it's been 3 months now...

But, I'll say that they are professional. I could have sworn that the woman on the
phone was a robot...

Dean

--
TFM's Home Page: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm