 Dear LEGO / 1679
Re: an update -- and an apology
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 19:02:46 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Gary R. Istok writes:
Brad Justus wrote:
To everyone at LUGNET:
Thanks Brad,
1.  1x2x2 windows:  White, blue, yellow (are other colors available, besides red?).
2.  1x4x5 windows:  Yellow, green, black, blue, gray, white and red.
3.  Clear bricks:  1x1, 1x2, 2x2, 2x3, 2x4
4.  Tiles: 1x1, 1x2,  2x2 in white or gray.
5.  Round bricks:  2x2 in white.
6.  Train Doors & Windows.
7.  Sloped Brick:  Corner bricks (low sloped, regular sloped, steep sloped).
8.  Arches:  1x4x5 half arches in red or yellow, 1x4x1 arches in white or yellow,
1x12x3 in red or white.

Gary, I think this list should be titled "Parts that town builders use a lot of
on just one building." I'd vote for this list. Now I'll quibble with it:

1x4x3 window frames shouldn't be overlooked. The rest of us have been using
them. (: White 1x4x3 window frames would be a nice start.

Corner slopes pale quickly when available (black or red?) and I find that I
need more straight edge slopes again.

Thinking outside the list, TREES would be a great item to fill out a baker's
dozen. The spherical kind, its companion tall conical tree, and the tall kind.
But maybe just the once-common spherical kind for a start (to correct the
imbalance: no fruit trees in Legoland anymore, just conifers and weeds!)

To Brad--I hope there is a successor to current mixed parts packs for sloped
bricks and windows/doors, and covering more colors.