 Dear LEGO / 1622
1621  |  1623
Subject:
bulk element votes (was: Re: an update -- and an apology)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 17:13:40 GMT

Why restrict the availability to white and gray?  I doubt it would
be much harder to make 2x2 tiles available in yellow and red than
in white and gray.

Gary Istok wrote:
4.  Tiles: 1x1, 1x2,  2x2 in white or gray.
All sizes in all available colors.

5.  Round bricks:  2x2 in white.
In all available colors, including trans-yellow and trans-blue.

6.  Train Doors & Windows.
Both 1x2x3 and 1x4x3 windows with the appropriate sort of glass.
In all available colors.  (I personally would love to see these in
brown, because it would be good for making varnished wooden coaches.

7.  Sloped Brick:  Corner bricks (low sloped, regular sloped, steep sloped).
Both convex and concave corners in all colors, but not just corners.
Also:  apex bricks, including gable-apex and half-pyramid bricks.
In all available colors.

8.  Arches:  1x4x5 half arches in red or yellow, 1x4x1 arches in white or yellow,
1x12x3 in red or white.
All arches in all available colors.

9. rounded-top dome elements (such as come in Sand Dollar Cafe and Poolside
Paradise), both corners and walls, in multiple colors and transparent tints.

10. Octagonal corridor elements in all available colors.

And for the future:  new architectural elements that have versatile uses.
For example, in slopes:  A full range of corner and apex slopes to go with
the 2x2x2 slopes; similarly for the low 3x4x1 and extreme 2x2x3 slopes.
Inverse *concave* corner slopes for all the slopes.  Half-slopes, like an
apex slope cut in half so one side is straight up-and-down and the other sloped.
Another example:  Curved elements of various radii, like macaroni bricks.
Windows and plates with the same curvatures as the curved elements.

/Eric McCarthy/