 Dear LEGO / 1465
Re: Why Not...?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 21:42:00 GMT

Oddly, I was always thinking about buying parts by the pound (or
kilogram or whatever). TLC could tell us the *approx* number of each
part per pound, then just weigh them out. We would know that we were
getting an aproximation. Sorta like buying nails at the hardware store.

Ray

Wayne R Hussey wrote:

In lugnet.dear-lego, Gene C. Weissinger writes:
Why not have a 'minimum piece order'? This would be where you could order
individual pieces but had to order a certain number (total $$ amount or
piece count). Maybe this has been touched upon in the past with all of the
LEGO Direct stuff...
I thought it would be a great idea... ;)
Just think of the catalog.

EC

Great suggestion. I would go farther and suggest not only a minimum piece
count, but also an incremental piece count. Example: 2x4 bricks - can only be
purchased in intervals of 40 pieces (40, 80, 160, 2,000 etc.). Other piece
types could have different piece count lots. They (TLC) could then make up
packets of the various pieces and the "picking" for an order would be easy.

Maybe they could make piece lots in dollar blocks instead - 40 2x4 bricks (as
used in the example above) could be a $1 (US) baggie. Other pieces could be $2
or $3 (or whatever) to get a reasonable piece count/cost ratio.

Wayne