 Dear LEGO / 1436
Re: Face packs? Heck, why not better minifig packs?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 11:08:58 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Shiri Dori writes:
I just hope a Castle 2000 mini-pack doesn't come out now. Then I'll be really
annoyed - I just bought a 6091, *mainly* for the minifigs. Of course, I wanted
the other stuff, but that was the major part there.

Ain't it the truth, though?  If Lego thinks anyone is gonna buy the largest
2000 castle in quantity at full retail, then they have gone mad for sure.  Buy
one as a castle fan and to support the cause?  Sure.  Otherwise, forget about
it.  Even at 50% of full retail I would probably hesitate long enough to miss
out on it -- I just don't see the pieces that I want there...

Shiri, I am not positive of your exact age, but could you tell Lego how much
or how little this set appeals to a young woman like yourself?  Feedback from
an intermediate group, not a child yet not an adult either, might be
useful...and since you own it a full review might be nice.  Maybe a cross
posting here and in castle is in order?  Do you have older castle sets to
compare to?

I say, sell individual characters at a dollar apiece through LS@H, maybe even
a 1.50 for rarer/more wanted minifigs. It prolly costs less to manufacture
them, TLC will earn money from the massive armies of AFOLs, while we will
benefit from the cheapness and the wonders of technology! It's a Win-win
situation!

A great suggestion from someone buying Legos with her babysitting money, right?
Lego Direct needs to prick up its ears!

-- Richard