 Dear LEGO / 1434
Re: Face packs? Heck, why not better minifig packs?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 04:42:13 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Richard Marchetti writes:
In lugnet.dear-lego, Robert M. Dye writes:
One thing I'd like to see is a way to buy any of the minifigs, without
having to buy ALL the sets

Agreed, a thousand times over!  And bring back old minis too! Soldiers and
Imperials, in particular...

The idea that anyone, especially a child, can just keep shelling out cash to
amass a small number of needed characters is ridiculous.  Just like town
characters, all other themes should be supported with mini sets.

Perhaps the RR trend is a step in the right direction...they had a female mini
in a small set, and she is repeated in another small set with the WHOLE cast
of characters.

But what of Star Wars and Castle 2000?

I just hope a Castle 2000 mini-pack doesn't come out now. Then I'll be really
annoyed - I just bought a 6091, *mainly* for the minifigs. Of course, I wanted
the other stuff, but that was the major part there.

Just kidding! I'd love to get some minifig packs! Especially star wars, then I
can make peasants without the need of buying a big set!

I say, sell individual characters at a dollar apiece through LS@H, maybe even
a 1.50 for rarer/more wanted minifigs. It prolly costs less to manufacture
them, TLC will earn money from the massive armies of AFOLs, while we will
benefit from the cheapness and the wonders of technology! It's a Win-win
situation!

<pinch> Ow. Back to reality.

-Shiri