 Dear LEGO / 1262 (-10)
  Re: Idea for if Lego ever revives Imperials

(...) Hear Hear... There is about zero reason for TLC to preserve the collectible value of older sets. Except for a small handfull of "limited edition" sets, TLC has never presented their sets as collectors items. (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Greenberg Shows Newsletter

The new issue of "Train of Thought" which is the newsletter for Greenberg's Great Train and Collectible Toy Shows (1) arrived at my mailbox yesterday. They had a small blurb about LEGO showing that there may be interest in promoting the selling of (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO Direct Questions

(...) Are the trees actually waste? I'd expect them to be thrown into the raw materials bin again.. Jasper (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  LEGO BABY set

I just opened up and played with the 2514 LEGO® BABY Activity Friends rings set. (No, I don't have children) And I am so amazed. LEGO has done it again! They've invented a new twist on an existing system that makes all the older elements super cool (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.primo)

  Re: LEGO Direct Questions

Selçuk wrote in message ... (...) Well, yes, but I am talking price (actually price differential between) of a single brick and plate. If taking into account the cost of ABS in large quantities, 16.8 gr.. difference in weight vs. total ABS used in (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Idea Books

I am fortunate enough to own copies of Lego Idea books 200, 226, 250, 260, and 697. Even after 20+ years of building with Lego, I still gain ideas and general building tips from the older books as I look through them. For the past few weeks I have (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO Direct Questions

R2 <r2eng@primenet.com> wrote in message news:FnsGBG.4xI@lugnet.com... (...) vs. (...) You are half right half wrong. Molds are very very expensive to produce, especially when they should satisfy 0.00X type of dimensional accuracy, but if you are (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Element Count Trivia

(...) apologies to readers, Larry, and TLC. -Suz (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO Direct Questions

(...) Just a FYI: I weighed a 2x4 plate at 18.6 grains, and a 2x4 brick at 35.4 grains. The brick is about 2x the weight of the plate. However, when calculating "cost" to produce a plate vs. brick, the 16.8 grains of ABS is not even a "blip on the (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Suggestions for Lego: My two cents

(...) I agree. And make them thicker in the middle than at the ends, for authentic scale models. (the problem being of course that that's used for perspective views looking up from the bottom of the temple, so not quite appropriate for scale models) (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact