 Dear LEGO / 1162 (-10)
  Re: Mindstorms Wishlist

(...) I wouldn't be surprised. When _I_ did power supply experiments as above, I used a 4.5V light brick (and hoo-boy, does 220V AC through a 4.5V light make a nice bright flash). An RCX is just so much a different cookie in terms of replacement (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Horrible quote from the Scala web catalog

(...) Oddly enough, I've heard, asked, and seen, that women dress more for each other than for men. While I realize that this line could be a special case, it would have been better if TLC could have made it more [typical] like this: "I bought the (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.scala)

  Re: Are the Accessory Bricks Going to be canceled? to Brad, or lego rep

(...) Also note three baseplates (green, blue, grey) are not limited either. (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Are the Accessory Bricks Going to be canceled? to Brad, or lego rep

(...) Hi Doyle, I'm not a Lego Rep (in this universe :) but my new January 2000 catalog says, "Limited Quantities, All Accessories" on all pages that offer general and Technic accessories (though interestingly not on the Train pages). But.. IIRC (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Are the Accessory Bricks Going to be canceled? to Brad, or lego rep

(...) too, also I wonder how this will effect the price of pieces gone are the days of $1 1x1 gray tiles? I hope we will be able to order bulk helmets ect. Doyle (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Feared misconceptions

I actually think that what pulled me into the SW sets was their complexity and abundance of specialty parts! The first set I got was the Snowspeeder, which I was rather impressed with. The set was so well built and detailed that I went out and got (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Are the Accessory Bricks Going to be canceled? to Brad, or lego rep

(...) Doyle, I'm not a Lego rep, but my guess is that the service packs are indeed going to vanish, but in a much better way than supposed -- they're to be replaced by the new (and hopefully wonderful) bulk-order system being developed right now. (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: 4811 Defense Archer!

(...) TLC really needs to figure out why their pages are getting caught up by web caches. From two different machines at work, I see two different US catalogs, one with the new sets, one without. Unfortuanately, the machine which sees the new sets (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Brad Justus' Comments - Why Complain?

(...) I honestly don't think his comment there deserved the harsh reply. Not trying to jump on you, but I just see [his comment] as simple sarcasm used in the context of a flame message alone. I would assume that people here at Lugnet would know we (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Mindstorms Wishlist

(...) Hmm. Could have been a customer-service problem. Little Timmy's mom calls LEGO Consumer Affairs, reports that little Timmy's RCX doesn't work anymore. Consumer Affairs sends a new one, with a return shipping label so mom can ship back the bad (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact