 Dear LEGO / 1157 (-10)
  Re: Feared misconceptions

I actually think that what pulled me into the SW sets was their complexity and abundance of specialty parts! The first set I got was the Snowspeeder, which I was rather impressed with. The set was so well built and detailed that I went out and got (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Are the Accessory Bricks Going to be canceled? to Brad, or lego rep

(...) Doyle, I'm not a Lego rep, but my guess is that the service packs are indeed going to vanish, but in a much better way than supposed -- they're to be replaced by the new (and hopefully wonderful) bulk-order system being developed right now. (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: 4811 Defense Archer!

(...) TLC really needs to figure out why their pages are getting caught up by web caches. From two different machines at work, I see two different US catalogs, one with the new sets, one without. Unfortuanately, the machine which sees the new sets (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Brad Justus' Comments - Why Complain?

(...) I honestly don't think his comment there deserved the harsh reply. Not trying to jump on you, but I just see [his comment] as simple sarcasm used in the context of a flame message alone. I would assume that people here at Lugnet would know we (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Mindstorms Wishlist

(...) Hmm. Could have been a customer-service problem. Little Timmy's mom calls LEGO Consumer Affairs, reports that little Timmy's RCX doesn't work anymore. Consumer Affairs sends a new one, with a return shipping label so mom can ship back the bad (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bulk Pieces suggestions

(...) Actually, I did make a taginental reference to this once ((URL) I was talking about staging civil war battles (not that far from the Pirate era) and the requirements of troops. Think about staging Gettysburg. Ray (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Brad - TLC needs to minimize packaging

< Cross posted to off.topic.debate > (...) Well, all packages contain what they have in there (i.e. 5.5 oz, etc.) The packages may need downsizing, which I can agree with, but the government taking action against them? What agency should look at (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Brad Justus' Comments - Why Complain?

(...) You have _greatly_ missed the point of lugnet. Grow up will you. Jasper (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: You're welcome for the thanks (was Re: Thanks for the welcome

(...) Hehe, naaa... we'd want cash, or a slice of the rev just like we do with everyone else. (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bulk Pieces suggestions

(...) If $100 would buy a reasonable amount (say, 1-200), I can see people making vast armies of stormtroopers.. same with battledroids and destroyers, actually. Or ghosts, for that matter. Jasper (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact