 Database / Scans / 21
Re: Scans uploaded, critique wanted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.scans
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 20:06:30 GMT

Kevin,

Have you ever thought about just rotating the scans you have?  I use a
Windows shareware program called Firehand Ember that allows you to rotate an
image (GIF, JPG, BMP and others)with no noticeable image quality loss
(amount other things).  It just takes the pixel values and rotates them
90/180/270 degrees.  This way you aren't at the mercy of the scanner or some
kind soul to re-scan the images that you already have.

(If you are looking for volunteers, just ask and I'll do a couple so you can
see the results).

Mike

Kevin Loch <kloch@NOSPMkl.net> wrote in message

They look great except for
http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/catalogs/b93usc/b93usc-12.jpg
which is not oriented in the proper direction.  That makes is very
difficult to read
on the screen.

KL

Jeff Stembel wrote:

Woohoo!  First to Post!  ;)

I just uploaded some items to brickshelf.com, and I wanted to know what • people
thought of my scanning technique.  The four most recent additions are • mine.

The three sets were scanned in at either 75(most likely) or 100 dpi, • while the
Birthday surprise was scanned in at 100 dpi.  All had the 'Descreen' set • to
'Magazine(133 lpi)'.  Does anyone see anything I can improve upon? • Thanks!

Jeff