 Database / Set Inventories / 53
Re: lego color names (what color is the starwars windscreen)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Thu, 13 May 1999 19:27:23 GMT

jonathan wilson wrote:

sorry if this is off-topic
what color is the star wars windscreens? (i am making a program to make
inventories and i need to know what color to use for that)

What platform and development system are you using for your inventory
program? I have been contemplating a Windows 95 Delphi based inventory
database. I have contemplated making it fairly complex with multiple
linked tables (for example a parts database which would correlate
internal part number to Lego part number).

i have seen it refered to as trans smoke, trans brown and i think trans
black which name should i use?

also can anyone think of any colors i do not have on my list?
here is what i have so far...
Colours: black, blue, green, teal, red, dark pink, brown, grey,
dark grey, light blue, light green, cyan, light red, pink, yellow,
white, pastel green, light yellow, tan, light purple, glow in the dark,
purple, purple blue, orange, transparent dark blue, transparent green,
transparent red, transparent black (SW windscreens),
transparent light blue, transparent yellow green, transparent yellow,
clear, transparent orange, gold, chrome, metal, rubber, cloth

One thing I have thought about for my database is for every part to have
a default color. Additional colors available for use in parts would be
"primary color", "secondary color", "accent color", "window color". This
would eliminate color selection for probably half or more of the parts
in a kit.

Kit inventories should probably also be able to reference sub-kits (I
would do up most of the mini-figs as sub-models, also many themes have
some semi-standard sub-models, like those subs in the divers sets).
Allowing the special color choices to be specified for kits would help
with sub-models in some cases.

Todd - I forget, were we going to try and have discussion in
lugnet.admin.database?

--
Frank Filz

Work: mailto:ffilz@us.ibm.com