 Database / Set Inventories / 291
  3033 1200-Piece Blue Bucket

Here is an example of an inventory with the bags identified. It's tab-delimited, so the columns won't line up, unless you mess with your tab settings or import the data into a spreadsheet. Read Todd's message in this thread about bag-inventories (...) (25 years ago, 24-Feb-00, to lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: 3033 1200-Piece Blue Bucket

(...) <snip> Lines up for me... (25 years ago, 24-Feb-00, to lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: 3033 1200-Piece Blue Bucket

(...) Hey, cool! I didn't know the web-interface did that. Nifty. (if you don't get it, go to (URL) to see what we mean. So much for arguing over spaces or tabs in inventory posts. Steve (25 years ago, 25-Feb-00, to lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: 3033 1200-Piece Blue Bucket

Steve, How do you identify the bags? Just make up the numbers in hex? I really don't understand how this helps sorters. I sort for the most part but I don't pay much attention to what comes from what bag. as evah, John C. (...) [ETC...] (25 years ago, 27-Feb-00, to lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: 3033 1200-Piece Blue Bucket

(...) Actually, I had keyed "bag1", "bag2", etc. But I figured the "bag" prefix was redundant (at least in this case). If I was inventorying 8448, where there are several boxes, each with multiple bags, I'd use a notation like "box1.bag3", or (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: 3033 1200-Piece Blue Bucket

Ok, for multiple sets I can see how it helps. I just hate to give up another field in that 80-character line. I guess I should just give up on the 80-character line.... John C. In lugnet.db.inv, Steve Bliss writes: [SNIP] (...) (25 years ago, 1-Mar-00, to lugnet.db.inv)