 Database / Set Inventories / 283
Re: The Lepanadat Project (update 1)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.db.inv
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 09:26:50 GMT

In lugnet.db.brictionary, Eric Vitiello writes:
I will be creating a set inventory database, with a web-based searchable
interface,
and will be, of course, needing some way to refer to each of the parts int
he inventory.

I would like to put your database online also, in a searchable format, and
reference
it with my database.

Of course you can use the database I'm working on now for a set inventory.
Creating a set inventory was also one of my goals when I started with the
Lepanadat project, but it takes a lot of time, so it would probably take
many, many years before I would have finished the set inventory.

My current plan is first to finish the Lepanadat database as a text version,
then transform it to a searchable on-line version (I'm not that good with
computers, so I can't do it right-away) and only after that start with making a
set inventory, otherwise I am doing two things at the same time and that
doesn't seem working very good to me.

If you're interested to start already with a set inventory: great! Many people,
including me, will find it useful to have it. There is already a set inventory
of Tim Vattima here on lugnet, but there are many more sets to be added, so
still a lot of work is needed.

Todd Lehman already made a set-up for a set inventory when creating Lugnet,
that you might find helpful for ideas. I think you can find more information
about that when you do a search on brictionary. It has some things what I
myself would also like to see in a set inventory:

- You can find a list of all parts in a specific set;
- You can click on a piece and find a picture of the part, the different names
and the sets where it is/was available in.

Greetings,

Sybrand Bonsma