 Database / Set Inventories / 155
  Re: wishing upon a star

(...) It's odd timing that you guys are discussing this now. There is an idea in its infant stages right now that I'm trying to develop with my father and wife, both of whom are programmers. The idea is a complete database of every single Lego part, (...) (25 years ago, 22-Aug-99, to lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: wishing upon a star

(...) attributes (...) As easy as this might be for basic plates and bricks, most of us know the real Lego part numbers for those anyway - and this would get pretty hairy when the part isn't a basic shape. I think that any eventual part (...) (25 years ago, 23-Aug-99, to lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: wishing upon a star

As was said before, don't go down the keys have meaning route, and especially don't go down the different digits of the key have different meanings route. Might be paved with good intentions but it's still a road to coding hell. (...) (25 years ago, 31-Aug-99, to lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: wishing upon a star

(...) snip... (...) Give yourself more the 7 digits. Colors will require at least an unintuitive 2-digit code or somewhat descriptive 3-digit code. Blue can range from blue to transparent blue to either light or dark transparent blue. Ice (25 years ago, 31-Aug-99, to lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: wishing upon a star

I just came in and saw this discussion, and that idea is fairly good, however, for the LEGO fanatic who doesn't have a clue what a part number is, it's totally useless to them. You need to remember that anyone on the planet (aliens I don't know (...) (24 years ago, 2-May-00, to lugnet.db.inv)