 Database / Set Inventories / 329
Re: wishing upon a star
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.inv
Date:
Tue, 2 May 2000 01:58:27 GMT

I just came in and saw this discussion, and that idea is fairly good,
however, for the LEGO fanatic who doesn't have a clue what a part number is,
it's totally useless to them.  You need to remember that anyone on the
planet (aliens I don't know about, maybe they'll visit it too ...  :-D )
might pop into this database of yours, and it should therefore be usable by
anyone at all who might come across it.

Jot and Jab <dlovelace@snet.net> wrote in message
In lugnet.db.inv, Frank Filz writes: • [snip]

My approach, so far, was brainstormed as follows:

A seven-digit alpha-numeric number, with the digits each symbolizing • attributes
of each part in question.  Example: B1100Bl  is a brick (B), 1x1 (11;  if • it
was an 8x16 this number would be 8G, G equalling 16, and anything larger • than
36x36 {ZZ} would be considered a baseplate and would be in its own • category),
with no modifications or imprinting (00, which can go from 00-ZZ, allowing • for
1296 mods for EACH size brick), and finally Bl (Blue).  This struck me as • the
simplest approach, and easy-to-remember as well for the more basic parts.

From this system, should there be any doubt what part P4600Bk is?  :-)

Nope, not a clue mate!  :-)

Let me know...I'd really love a flurry of responses on this from you, the
potential users of an invaluable resource!

Dave (Jot and Jab)

--
Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde