 Database / Set Inventories / 1363
Re: Parts Catalog - New version, New web site
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.inv
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 01:14:30 GMT

Bob Kojima wrote:

I have not seen much traffic on the list lately.  is everyone still
there?  have all the sets finally been inventoried?

Hi Bob,

I'm still out here. Three things going on with me:

1) Colors. I stopped inventorying when it dawned on me that since there
is standard set of names and color values for part colors on Peeron,
there is no way to get the colors "right" for a Peeron inventory. The
Racers sets I was focusing on have several "new" parts and some either
new or kind of obscure colors each. I'm too obsessive compulsive when
I'm inventorying to want to put in something that I either know is wrong
or I'm just not sure. So I stopped. It's not like I'm on strike or
anything, I actually sat down and started to work on sorting through how
I thought colors should be done, and I figure I'll restart my
inventorying when either I get satisfied about colors or I get more
uninventoried sets with uncontroversial colors. It's a very interesting
piece of synchronicity that there's the Peeron Colors thread and the
Color FAQ being updated now -- clearly I'm not alone in this conundrum.

2) Sat down one day and looked at how the credit card bills had piled up
during the downturn. Stopped buying Lego for a while. No new Lego, no
new inventories.

3) After six slow months, business picked up! Working like a madman.
This should resolve #2 above, but leaves me without much time to resolve
#1.

-Steve