 Database / Set Inventories / 1311
Re: Bag info on peeron.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.inv
Date:
Sat, 2 Mar 2002 00:06:31 GMT

In lugnet.db.inv, Dan Boger writes:
Hey all,

Back in the day, when we built the Peeron Inventories, we thought
having the bag info included in the inventories will be useful for
some people. In case someone sells the seperate bags out of a set on
ebay, or something like that. Now, we're wondering if it's actually
needed. Since parting out sets by bags never seemed to take off like
we feared it might, maybe this column is useless.

So we're asking - does anyone find the "Bag" column useful? Will
anyone miss it if it goes away?

Let us know - currently, it's set to disappear.

Dan and Jennifer

I think that bag info is useful where the bags were organized and marked by lego
as seperate entities. In some sets, the bags are merely a packaging convience on
the part of TLC manufacturing and there is no guarantee that two copies of the
set will have the same parts in the same bag. I have parted out various sets and
noticed parts moving around between various bags. OTOH, sets where there is a
marked designation on the bags (don't forget boxes) such as Aero Tube Hanger or
Railway Express, I can see a possible meaning for keeping it.

Ray