 Database / Set Inventories / 1296
Re: Parts Catalog 0.0.12
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.inv
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 23:58:41 GMT

Wow - I just tried your program out and I must say it is coming along
nicely!  I think I will have to use it for the next inventories I do.

My main suggestion right now: you should be able to press enter (or
perhaps a different key - see below) while in the parts list to add a
part.  That way you can do a complete part add without touching the
mouse.  Right now I think the only way is to hit the add button with the
mouse or double click the part (is that true?) This should allow a whole
inventory to be done without touching the mouse!  As you can see I
prefer the keyboard... the mouse slows me down.

Also, why do you have to check a box to allow enter act as ok?  It
should just be on by default.  Also ESC should act as cancel - I think
that one worked on most areas I tried.

I just noticed you can type a part number in the parts selection box and
it jumps to that part!  Way cool!  However - after a while of typing
different numbers, it gets confused and the selection doesn't jump
anymore to that part (until you press enter I think) - how do you tell
what number you have typed, and how do you get it to jump again?
Perhaps if it updated the search field automatically.

Also it would be nice if typing anything in the parts selection field
would automatically begin the search (including letters as well as
numbers).  Pressing enter would repeat the search - pressing ESC would
cancel the search and clear the search field.  I guess the add key would
have to be different than enter in this case...

Just some ideas but it is a great start!

Kevin
--
Bob Kojima wrote:

just a few changes:

Version 0.0.12  02-25-02
     - If any fields on the main form are active, pressing delete will not
ask if you want to delete element....
     - When ever you add an element the count box is active and
selected.  Just type in the new value.
     - 2 new import types .blk and .xml  These are for up coming features
that will work with bricklink.
     - Fixed the won't add same part in different bag problem again.  how
did it get back in there?

bob

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤øø¤º°`°º¤

Bob Kojima
ko@fial.com
http://www.bong69.com
http://www.vw-pix.com