 Database / Set Inventories / 1224
Re: Parts Catalog - Inventory program version 0.0.6
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.inv
Date:
Sat, 9 Feb 2002 04:13:13 GMT

Samuel Christiansen wrote:

- Minor Issue: Although it's unusual, I like to record the instruction sheet
serial number in my inventory.  However, the program requires a color for
all parts added.  It would be nice to be able to specify nothing for the color.

You can do this. When in the Add dialog, select the text field of the
Color combo box. This will select all the text in the box. Now press
the Delete key to erase the text. This sequence will allow you to save
a blank Color field value.

- Minor Issue: Gold doesn't show up as a color?  Since there were coins in
this set it was a minor difficulty.  I noticed Gold was commented out in the
Colors.txt file and uncommented it out and used the hex code for Yellow to
get around it.

Similarly, just type "Gold" into the text field of the Color combo box
in the Add dialog.

- Suggestion: When you delete an item, you delete all of that part,
regardless of the quantity.  It would be nice to be able to only delete some
of the part (2 of 4 Brick 1 x 1 for example).

You can edit the quantity of the selected element in the right hand
panel next to the inventory list.

- Bug: Each time you open an inventory, rather than clearing the current
parts list, it adds the new parts to the list.  If you open an inventory,
make changes, and then decide to go back to the version you had before by
opening it again, you've just made a mess of things.  Trust me.  :)

That's actually a feature. You can use this to easily make a combined
inventory list for several sets (that's why the program auto-merges
multiple entries of identical parts). But, perhaps not the most well
documented feature, eh?

By the way, there's a newer version (0.0.7) up on Bob's site
(http://klickitat.fial.com/bob/download). It's got a couple of minor
fixes.

-Steve Barber