 Dacta / * (-5)
Subject:
LEGO Dacta Intelligent House Activity Pack
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dacta
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 2021 17:08:19 GMT

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for the LEGO Dacta 9708 Intelligent House Activity Pack (DOS/WIN) to
use with Control Lab.
https://brickset.com/sets/9708-1/Intelligent-House-Activity-Pack

This is a rare pack from 1997 and includes project disk, teacher guide and quick
reference guide.

If someone still have the project disk/software and can share with us, please
let me know.

A. Santos

Re: Need help testing 9751 Serial Interface
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dacta
Date:
Sat, 26 Mar 2011 15:36:32 GMT

2 more links that may come in handy for future users of 9751:

http://www.isodomos.com/Lego-Sets/1093.html
http://www.isodomos.com/Lego-Sets/9700.html

Thanks,
-Jason

Re: Need help testing 9751 Serial Interface
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dacta
Date:
Wed, 23 Mar 2011 02:21:41 GMT

Problem solved!  Here's what the fellow wrote, in case this is of use to anybody
in the future.

Thanks,
-Jason

"
I tried the null modem last night but I was making other changes as well so when
it did not work I removed it.  That is the key.  A null modem or null modem
cable must be used.

If your other buyer is a programmer he can avoid having to use Robolab by going
to one of these two websites for the Control Interface code/dll files.

For Java development:
http://www.timo.dk/wp/2009/01/25/java-control-class-for-dacta-70909/

For VB.Net development:
http://news.lugnet.com/dacta/?n=261

These methods are much easier if he is a programmer.
For future reference, I am using a new Dell Precision M6500 laptop with windows
7 64bit loaded.  I have a VMware Virtual machine running with Windows XP SP3
loaded and I am using a USB - Serial converter mapped to com port 6.  I now have
the control interface working using the VB.Net demo program (website posted
above) and I am getting good readings on all sensors.
"

Re: Need help testing 9751 Serial Interface
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dacta
Date:
Tue, 22 Mar 2011 22:45:34 GMT

Some helpful info from a fellow to whom I sold another 9701/9751 set a while
ago.

Thanks,
-Jason

"
also for me it was not easy to get the interface running. OK, in a short and
brief form some infos how I got the fun I expected to have with the Lego
computer technology. Prior to my explanations: There is no way to test the
functionality of the interface without the computer. To run it needs the
software ControlLab (old) or RoboLab (new) programmed with LabView form National
Instruments.

Further on the software and hardware I use. Hardware: 5 year old Laptop Fujitsu
Siemens. Software: I use Windows XP SP2 and Lego RoboLab 2.5.4 which gives the
opportunity to use the old control lab interface.

Second the steps I tried to get forward: My first trial was with normal serial
interface but searching the internet leads me to a site where it is mentioned to
have a 'Nullmodem'. The handbook Lego delivered with the control lab interface
only mention a special cable but in literature about Lego Mindstorms they
specified the cable. I also have to use an adapter male/male to connect the
'Nullmodem' to the control lab interface. After setting this hardware connection
I tried the software connection via RoboLab but failed on each trial. This
software requires a specific comport but my computer automatically numberes the
free serial comport with a different number. Searching again in the internet
leads to the info that you can renumbering the comport on the computer without
any disturbances when devices which refelct to that comport are not used (in my
case an internal modem was connected I do not really need). After renumbering
the comport via device manager in Windows I got the interface finally running
with the Mindstorms software
"

Re: Need help testing 9751 Serial Interface
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dacta
Date:
Tue, 22 Mar 2011 07:02:53 GMT

More info from the buyer, in case this sheds any new light:

"I tried connecting to a couple of different computers and nothing.  I have used
a VB.Net program and a Java program, both supposedly working on windows XP SP3
with a usb to serial converter and/or serial cable, with the same results (No
response from the interface)."

Thanks,
-Jason

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact