 Color / 646
645  |  647
Subject:
First rough draft of the letter!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 2004 19:48:33 GMT

Boy, that didn't take long!  Read it and LMKWYT!

David Simmons
xenobuzz@earthlink.net

Your name

Your Street Address

Town, State/Province Zip Code

Country

What would be the correct address?

Dear Lego Company,

As an Adult Fan Of Lego (or AFOL), one of the qualities of your product
which I've always admired most is the principle of backwards compatibility.
Ever since the introduction of the Lego System of Play, you have strived to
make sure that every Lego brick matches every other Lego brick, both in fit
and color (with slight variances that are acceptable due to your very high
standard of production quality). However, the recent color change has
undermined this principle. My involvement in the AFOL community has brought
to my attention the fact that many other AFOL's also share my disappointment
with this change. As a long-standing Lego collector and builder, it is
difficult to accept that some of the colors I've been collecting for years
will no longer be available. It is also difficult to accept that the new
colors do not match the old ones.

I am writing you this letter to communicate my strong concerns on this issue
and to give you a heartfelt plea to please consider the impact of changes
like this on the AFOL community. We are here for the long term. I plan to
have this hobby for the rest of my life and to enjoy it as much as possible.
Having consistent colors and principles for manufacturing them would add
greatly to my enjoyment of the Lego product in the decades to come.

Sincerely yours,

Your name here