 Color / 47
46  |  48
Subject:
A color question that ISN'T about the new grays
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Mon, 10 May 2004 15:19:57 GMT

I recently got a few Samsonite-era LEGO pieces in an Ebay lot and noticed a few
differences between those bricks and the current ones.  Obviously the studlogo
is in a different font, and the underside of the plates is sort of "waffle-y,"
but the biggest difference is that the red seems to be a little more orange than
current red.  Is this an effect of the bricks' age, or was there really a change
to the red color itself since that time?

As a minor note of comparison, I have some red LEGO bricks from about 1974 that
are effectively identical in color to the current red.

Curious...

Dave!