 Color / 386
  How many of you will not be keeping the new colors?

Hey all, I'm just wondering how many of you will be buying new sets, but setting aside all the new colors and not sorting them into your collection. I'm putting all the bley, dark bley, and red-brown into a bag that I hope trade with. Fortunately (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jul-04, to lugnet.color)

  Re: How many of you will not be keeping the new colors?

(...) Lego is Lego. I embrace all without prejudice. Adrian (20 years ago, 1-Jul-04, to lugnet.color)

  Re: How many of you will not be keeping the new colors?

(...) I'm on a clearance-only policy right now; since Xmas, I've increased my collection by about 50% only purchasing sets 45-85% on clearance at Target, KB, Amazon, & Kohl's, not to mention a terrific run of garage sale hauls that have increased (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jul-04, to lugnet.color)

  Re: How many of you will not be keeping the new colors?

I'm keeping mine (and would gladly accept yours or anyone else's who wants to purify their collection ;) ), but probably won't use it much in MOCs until I've accumulated enough that I can make things with only the new grays. Since I buy more off of (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jul-04, to lugnet.color)

  Re: How many of you will not be keeping the new colors?

(...) Not me. I am holding back until a selection of the new grey is out. I'm still buying other sets, and putting them in my collection. It's not a big deal to me. Joe¬ .spaace paparazzi! (20 years ago, 1-Jul-04, to lugnet.color)

  Re: How many of you will not be keeping the new colors?

(...) I'm primarily a castle builder, so any sets I buy for the parts, I buy for the grey and dark grey. But if all I'm gonna get is bley and dark bley, then there's not much point in me buying the new sets! I managed to buy 4x 4753 Sirius Black's (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jul-04, to lugnet.color)

  Re: How many of you will not be keeping the new colors?

I am selling all the new colors on my BL store, except for a very few architectural pieces here and there, and some of the minifigs. I don't plan on keeping more than probably 5% of the bleys and rbrown. (...) -- Tom Stangl *(URL) Visual FAQ home (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jul-04, to lugnet.color)

  Re: How many of you will not be keeping the new colors?

(...) I have to put this in two catagories- display sets & MOCs. Sets like the new Technic ones that will be coming out latter this month that use the new colors are an "I don't care" because I'm buying those sets primarily for the look and (...) (20 years ago, 2-Jul-04, to lugnet.color)

  Re: How many of you will not be keeping the new colors?

(...) I keep all the Lego I buy with the single exception of wagon plates. The only problem I have is that it'll be a year or more before I show up with a new gray (dark or light) based MOC as I expect it's gonna take that long to get a wide enough (...) (20 years ago, 2-Jul-04, to lugnet.color)

  Re: How many of you will not be keeping the new colors?

(...) I will be buying very few new sets for parts, and setting aside the new colors for sale or trade. So far I have bought the (URL) just to see the new colors, and a couple of copies of (URL) 4346> for the 1x1 brick with 2 side studs pieces. I (...) (20 years ago, 2-Jul-04, to lugnet.color, FTX)