 Color / 178
177  |  179
Subject:
I surrender. (Re: Color Change background)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Fri, 14 May 2004 00:47:25 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hello!

I surrender. I'm not convinced but i'm beaten. I, we have got to accept the
greysome fact that TLC is not going to retract this colour change. Ever. They
think they did the right thing. They deliberated it carefully, they invested
money and time into it. We, I may regard their reasons as wrong and silly and
their thoughts as short-sighted - it won't change their decision. We could be
mourning and argueing and raising objections as long as we have air to breathe -
the new colours will stay.

So what are we supposed to do? Shall I allow those idiots who made the decision
on the colour-change to spoil this hobby for me, this hobby that I was committed
to already before any of those idiots ever worked for the LEGO company? Am I
supposed to resign, am I supposed to store my bricks in a dark corner of the
attic and go back to university? Actually?

No. But I am not, we are not capable of doing anything against this change of
colours. Period.

So... I'll forego my torrents of hatred against the LEGO company (as for this
grey-change that is). Maybe a little agitation here or a slight polemic pamphlet
there, but besides this it can't be my ambition anymore to accentuate the need
for the return to the old greys and brown. Well, this return actually is
essential, of course, however, even if anybody at TLC will ever understand the
reasons why (something I seriously doubt), it won't happen.

So now I'm going to do some soulless building for the 1000steine-Land in Berlin,
I'll continue to collect old LEGO sets, I won't start buying new sets from 2004,
sometimes I'll be building something with my old grey bricks and I won't care
for the new greys. May they stick those bloody grey bricks up their a**,
diagonally!
Occasionally I'll send some disrespectful posts towards Billund, whenever they
do anything that deserves irreverend answers. Luckily their instinct to find the
woodway is something one can still trust in. But honestly I don't feel like
complaining about this colour change anymore.

So I capitulate.
I'm pretty sure TLC doesn't give a damn about my pathetic whining, though, if
ever they read it at all. I am, we are of no importance.

Bye
Jojo