 Color / 1112
Re: Purple problems persisting?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Sat, 2 Apr 2005 21:55:46 GMT

In lugnet.color, David Simmons wrote:
   Hey all,

Just got one of the new X-pods recently (the one that’s purple and lime green), and several of the purple pieces bear the same discrepancy that was discussed to death when the Knight Bus first arrived. However, after first glance I noticed that the pieces that are a little “off” are click-hinge bits. I’ve noticed that these and any other pieces that move or are otherwise subjected to extra stress are often a slightly different hue because these pieces have a different formulation in order to make them more flexible.

Just FYI.

Dave

I noticed the same variance in the X-Pod click hinges.

And what’s the deal with the 1x1 clips in 4337? At first, I thought it was another mistake, but it’s a real LEGO color (I have some DUPLO parts in that shade). Bricklink lists them as “medium lime”, while Peeron just says “new Limish color”.

What was the point of including 2 pieces in an odd, ultra-rare shade that doesn’t match the rest of the lime green (itself a rare color) in the set?

But on the plus side, there’s only one new gray piece in it!

Marc Nelson Jr.

Marc’s Creations