 Color / *994 (-10)
  bricks & plates forever!

(...) Only 40? And all the others either didn't care, eagerly collect blays already, or recoiled because the letter was not nice enough? Well Ben, it was all our own (as in German AFOLs) fault, you know? We forgot to hand out little flags and (...) (20 years ago, 9-Feb-05, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Update - CEO Letter.

(...) Hi Ben, As you already know, translating between German and English (and vice versa), can be very tricky. I know a lot of USA AFOLs thought that the letter was too harsh. But I was sure that it was just translated without getting the spirit of (...) (20 years ago, 9-Feb-05, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Update - CEO Letter.

In lugnet.color, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke wrote: <snip> (...) Thanks for keeping us informed Hope the petitions are received by people with an open mind to change back. I also hope that, if the change back doesn't occur, that those that were upset by (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.color)

  Update - CEO Letter.

Dear Fans of the System colours, thanks to all who have signed the letter, which I have published a short while ago at this place. This letter has now been printed on paper (yes, even the German one fit to one sheet of A4-Paper when printed in (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.color)

  Re: An alternative open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company

(...) That's my understanding as well. That's a good summary of what Jake posted here (URL) and referred to here (URL). What's more, to my knowledge, that's the only reason which TLG have provided. Seems to me that either its fact or an outright (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: An alternative open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company

(...) Well here's *my understanding* of it. TLG changed the colours because the old grays and brown did not fit in with their "vision" of the colour palette. They tested the new colours with groups of children, and the kids liked it. After changing (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: surrender, you're surrounded!

(snip) Bottom line--it's a matter of opinion. One opinion is okay with the color change, the other is not. This sounds like a debate that ranks up there with politics and abortion. The German AFOL community has been most vocal about this, and (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.color)

  Re: An alternative open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company

(...) This is a very serious allegation. Please explain which reasons given by TLG have been debunked as fluff or outright lies. (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Wishful Thinking press release (was: Maersk Second Run)

(...) Yep, it's a pastiche. I clicked too... then I read the whole thing, and it became fairly apparent it was a humor piece. But he did set the FUT to lugnet.fun.holiday, but I'm not sure what "holiday" was for ;) Kelly (20 years ago, 27-Jan-05, to lugnet.fun, lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for discussion!

Dang, Scott! That's darn fine letter! I'd be proud to sign this one. Dave "Scott Lyttle" <datafx7@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:IAMx3t.17LC@lugnet.com... (...) you who (...) better (...) LEGO® (...) we are (...) be (...) the (...) the colors (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.color)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact