Re: Character for grabs...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Sat, 29 Apr 2000 05:01:56 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Brad Hamilton writes:
Thanks for the compliments - Yes I combine architectural elements, and
populate sub-sections with themed characters to match BUT I haven't
experimented much with the actual swapping of mini-fig parts (i.e. mixing
space/castle in a single fig).  I guess I generally look upon figures as mere
appendages of the architecture, so I tend to throw them into the scene just to
make the buildings look "busier."

Aha! And you see, I tend to build buildings to supplement the characters. :-)

(OK, well, not exactly... I love building, but my inspiration is drawn from
the 'figs and their stories.)

You are much more the master with mini-figs.

Aw... you got me blushin' now...
I'm no master, c'mon...

Personally, I still look up to Craig's fabulous stuff... he's been busy lately
but he's got some surprises in store for us, I understand...

It is amazing how much detail
work and interesting things you are able to do with a single minifig.

Thanks! The cool thing is that there are infinite possibilities... every
little change makes the character completely different, when you go into
detail. For example: Scar's right hand, a simple switch from yellow to white
on one side only gives her (IMHO) a lot of personality, as well as potential
for the story behind *why* it's like that...

I guess
its a micro vs. a macro approach.

Yep! You keep on building those beautiful sky scrapers, and I'll go on
creating some humble minifigs...

P.S. Now, I see how you are able to flit around all the newsgroups so easily.
The browser interface makes it very easy to see what's hot accross the entire
server.

Oh, yes! It's so much nicer, too; easy access to set & piece searches, and all
that... Todd has made the interface SO nice that I couldn't possibly switch to
NNTP now, I think...

-Shiri