Re: The Wanderer, an online image-novella.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle.ninja
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 04:22:26 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Craig Hamilton writes:
In lugnet.announce, Kevin Maynes writes:

Anyway, you can get to it by clicking [The Wanderer] link found here;

http://www.kmaynespaint.com/Pages/SiteStructure/Subsidiaries.html

  very nice work, kevin! i whole-heartedly encourage you to continue this
project! the design and execution of your story-telling is top-notch!
(IMH(P)O)* the photography is superb. please divulge what kind of camera
(digital; film?) and lighting (lamps; sun?) you are using.
the angles, lighting and panel compositions are all really great and
classic "comic-book" genre. the photo-shop f-x and caption baloons are'nt
over-done or heavyhanded... ~ just right. i've been anxious to do a lego
comic of some sort myself, and enjoying the fine fruits of your labor is
inspiring. i like the "click-on-a-panel" web page design a lot and it looks
great on webtv. thanks for sharing. oh, and kudos to your brother's script,
too!

later ~ craig~

*(Professional~ i currently draw issues of the Spectre comic for DC, which
keeps me too busy to ever get around to doing any kind of lego-comic...)

Hey, cool, kudos from a pro! :)

I'm using a digital camera, specifically a Sony DSC-505V. It handles the macro
shots quite well I think for a point-n-shoot camera. Just needs lots of light,
which is why I took the whole shebang out into the backyard for the shoot. Not
entirely sure I'll do that again - Lego tends to pop apart when heated by the
sun.. at least my set did. Then there's the ill-timed cloud messing up the
shadows at just the wrong moment. And ya gotta keep tracking it as it moves
across the sky to be certain the shadows you do have keep pointing in the same
direction. And the bees. Ok, just one, who seemed to have an odd fixation for
one of the bandits for several minutes.. ('hey, buddy, the grapevines are
THAT--> way'). Hmm.. this is turning into a rant - I'll stop.

Thanks for the vote in favour of my page/panel window idea.. I'm still
concerned though about comments from some about window after window clogging
their screen.. don't want reading the thing to be a hassle.

I'll pass on your comments to my brother - maybe he's even seen some of your
work, he follows the comic world more than I do these days.

Thanks again for your comments!
KMaynes