Re: The Wanderer, an online image-novella.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle.ninja
Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 08:00:10 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Kevin Maynes writes:
X-P'd to:

.announce because it seems appropriate somehow
.castle.org.cw because plenty of story stuff goes on there - I hope I'm not
being too presumptuous
.castle.ninja because, well, it'll be obvious momentarily

Greetings all.

I had the thought quite some time ago to put together an online sequential art
piece (read: comicbook). So I commissioned a script from my Brother the Writer,
allowing carte-blanche - all he had to do was keep it within a certain length.
What I got a few months later was Instalment One of The Wanderer.
Well, it sat for quite some time (several more months) before I got 'round to
working on it, but I did finally get to it over the last few weeks. It's hardly
top-shelf material, but I didn't want to spend TOO much time on it either -
it's been waiting long enough.
A lot of the panels might a bit huge, so forewarned is forearmed. I've got it
set up so that you can decide from the Page view which Panels you want to see,
or just click right on through them all if you like. I'm curious how the
interface works out for people.
There's only one instalment so far, though my brother's been making noises of
three more. We'll see whether it's warranted to develop them further.
Anyway, you can get to it by clicking [The Wanderer] link found here;

http://www.kmaynespaint.com/Pages/SiteStructure/Subsidiaries.html

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Lugnetting. :)
Thanks for your time.
KMaynes

   very nice work, kevin! i whole-heartedly encourage you to continue this
project! the design and execution of your story-telling is top-notch! (IMH(P)O)*
  the photography is superb. please divulge what kind of camera (digital;
film?) and lighting (lamps; sun?) you are using.
  the angles, lighting and panel compositions are all really great and
classic "comic-book" genre. the photo-shop f-x and caption baloons are'nt
over-done or heavyhanded... ~ just right. i've been anxious to do a lego
comic of some sort myself, and enjoying the fine fruits of your labor is
inspiring. i like the "click-on-a-panel" web page design a lot and it looks
great on webtv. thanks for sharing. oh, and kudos to your brother's script, too!

  later ~ craig~

*(Professional~ i currently draw issues of the Spectre comic for DC, which
keeps me too busy to ever get around to doing any kind of lego-comic...)