Re: Computer woes and character delays
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 07:08:30 GMT

Mr. Bunny writes:
sounds like the power supply

If Mr. Bunny is correct, that's not a big repair -- maybe $20-30 USD if you
are able to do it yourself or have a friend that can do it for you.  Even if
the system is fried, you should see what you can salvage: RAM, an extra
CD-ROM player (great for burning from disk to disk, or for a reference CD
like MS Bookshelf!), extra hard drive, two video cards means possibly two
displays, SCSI card, sound card, etc.  Depends on what you upgrade to; but
(except for motherboard, RAM, and processor) everything else is pretty much
interchangable to any system.  Doesn't exactly take a genius to figure out
how to build a system from mix and match components either.

Could almost be a blessing in disguise!

Too bad my hands don't reach all the thousands of miles it would take to
help you out myself, O Princess Shiri...

-- Hop-Frog