Re: Computer woes and character delays
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Sat, 21 Apr 2001 21:55:05 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Shiri Dori writes:
BUT... last night, right after Chris called me to say he got home safely, my
computer - a five-year-old piece of junk, just barely running - shot some
sparks out of it, made a loud noise, smoked up, started whirring (it was
off!) and then died. Now it won't turn on at all, it's totally dead.

So there go five years' worth of stuff, including last copies of my mom's
programs, all my ICQ history, lots of pictures and movies, and most
annoyingly... all those pictures that we just took. Ugh! I mean, UGH... how
annoying. And how frustrating...

My advice, I dunno if it will do anything.

Yank the harddrive outta the old comp, and when you get a new one, try it.
See if it still works. If so, *YAY* you have the pics again.

--
Mark Nelson