Re: Castle World Contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 16:55:11 GMT

A contest might be a good idea, it might help spur some interest in Castle
World (both from prospective members and from the old gaurd).  Having said
that, I don't really know how we could judge it, maybe the same way Todd did
with his clasic space contest.  *shrugs*  I know it takes time to come up
with stories and the like (I have been working on a story with Leah Cardaci
for almost 6 months now and we have no idea when we'll be done, it's not
epic or anything, these things just take time) so I wouldn't set a cut off
date for contest entries anytime soon (if we do indeed have a contest).  I'm
all for it, if there is interest in it from the other members.  I really
don't know about prizes though, other than recognition among your peers and
a spot on the website showcasing your wins =).

~Nathan

I disagree about a cut-off date Nathan. It should be a monthly thing.
Say, all entries in by the end of the day on the 20th of the month will
go into consideration. Then by the 30th something will be posted in each
category as a "WINNER." Everybody who didn't "WIN" will stay in the pool
of contestants, with entries being accepted up through the 20th of the
NEXT month and so on and so on ad nauseum. That way, we're sparking
interest, and there's truly no END in sight. It could be a "Cool Castle
World MOC of the Month" (CCWMotM) type thingie. Yes-No?

I agree that recognition from your peers would be GREAT to have asa
prize. Maybe at the end of the year, we could take the 12 entries in
each category (whatever they turn out to be) and have EVERYONE vote on
the best in each category for a prize then?

Always thinking in grandiose scale,

Matt